How can we help?
Set up a new User
Creating User Login
To start creating a user login, you will need to access the backend of the website via https://homequestsales.com/wp-admin.
First, you need to navigate to the Users module in the backend by hovering your mouse over “Users” in the sidebar on the left side.
Click the “Add New” button in the submenu to be taken to the form below:
Below are the fields on the form:
- Username – This is a required field. This is the name that will be used by the user to log in with.
- Email – This is a required field. This is the email account that will be associated with the user and any notifications will be sent to.
- First Name – The first name of the user.
- Last Name – The last name of the user.
- Website – This field is optional and would probably not be used be HQS.
- Password – A random complex password is generated for you when you start the form. If you want to have a different random password, then you can click “Generate Password” again. You can also just type in a password manually. To Hide the password just click the hide button and if it is hidden you can click the Show password to show it again.” It will tell you if your password is weak or strong and it is highly recommended to have a Strong password.
- Send User Notification – If this is checked then an email will be sent to the user with details about their account.
- Role – Select the main role that the user will have in the system. This controls what they can or can’t do in the system.
- Other Roles – If there are other roles
Once you are done filling out the form, then click “Add New User“.
If the checkbox was selected, then an email will be sent to the user that looks like below:
When the user clicks the top link, they will be sent to a web page where they can reset their password.
The user can generate a password or manually type one in and then click Save Password to commit the changes. Then they should be able to log into HQS with the new password.